The cooler has a tubular arrangement, using very little water. By regulating the temperature of the condenser (reflux condenser), often called a dephlegmator, it is possible to ensure that the higher boiling point components are returned to the cauldron (water, esters) while the lighter elements (ethyl alcohol , fragrances, flavours) are returned to the cooler. This is useful in the production of high-quality alcoholic beverages , while ensuring that less desirable compounds that degrade the quality of the spirit are returned to the cauldron.
Our proprietary mash cauldron interior prevents the common mash burn. Comfortable and safe!
Components of the equipment:
- Boiler oven; smoke control with butterfly valve
- 50 litre stainless steel cauldron with sandwich bottom plate
- Silicone sealing ring
- Inox mash basket
- Large surface copper dome with thermometer
- 2 "x 4-stage copper bubble-chamber cap glass reflux tower with Tri-clamp fixing
- Inox reflux condenser with thermometer, ½" water connection (deflegmator)
- 2 "x 500 mm pipe-bundled inox cooler, ½" water connection
- Inox epruvetta / test-tube with sampling tap
- Cooling water distribution system with 2 fine regulating taps, ½" quick couplings, piping